- 5000 Pakistani women suffer from fistula every year
- It is usually caused by prolonged, obstructed labor
- It causes discomfort, shame and social stigma
- 80-90% of fistula cases can be surgically repaired
- The Fistula Repair Centre, Lahore, provides treatment free of charges
Fistula Repair Centre
Since 2006, JSCD has been the implementing partner of the Fistula Repair Centre at Lady Willingdon Hospital, Lahore.
Serving 14 densely populated districts, the Repair Centre specializes in repairing fistula free of charge.
The Fistula Repair Centre has a full-fledged operation theatre, dedicated to fistula repair. A team of trained consultants perform operations 6 days a week. A 10-bed ward is available for patients, as well as a separate outdoor facility for postoperative care.
The Fistula Centre’s services are offered free of charge.
- Mandi Bahaudin
- Toba Tek Singh
When JSCD joined the Fistula Repair Centre as implementing partner, it found that facilities were in a very poor condition.
JSCD arranged to have the operating theatre fully renovated. It renovated the ward and has arranged for new equipment, including an anesthesia machine.